Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2014

DIY Wedding Pin Wheel


Whimsy Pin Wheel :)

To make our theme more whimsy, I decided to add pinwheels to the theme. So I decided to create pinwheels for my entourage.

Materials Used:

1. Wrapping Paper Book
2. Glue
3. Stick Balloons – Cut in half
4. Buttons
5. Ruler, Pencils and Scissors

First thing to do is to resize your papers into squares. I also wanted to have prints on both sides so I brush some glue and stick 2 different patterns together.

Trace four diagonal lines from the corners of the squares towards the center. Make sure not to cut farther to the center. Make sure to leave few centimeters, I estimate it depending on how far the fold will reach the center.  (1 and a half inch for me I guess)

After you cut all sides, fold on the same side working clockwise to the center of the square then glued it on.

I glued the button on top and glued the stick on the back.

As you’ll notice, my pinwheel will not turn. I decided to have it the easy way since it’s created purely as my wedding decoration. If you want your pinwheel to be fully functional, you can use pins and push it in a wooden stick. I'll be adding more soon for the decors.

Happy Preps :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com